Millennial Fashion Showcase
The Millennial Fashion Showcase is a stepping stone for future entrepreneurs from the Pakistan Fashion Industry, providing them mentoring in their field and a chance for their work and talent to be recognized. The aim is to provide the necessary guidance and a focused platform to give relevant experience and help launch a successful career. MNMF will include new generation of styling teams, new models, new choreographers and event managers, giving all those involved in the fashion industry an equal chance.
In its formative years, the Millennial Fashion Program selected 5 designers, from local universities and personal contacts and provided them mentorship from Council members where each millennial was assigned to an individual designer.
After presenting their collections at the Millennial Fashion Showcase a winner was selected via votes from the audience and media. The winner was then announced and given a free slot at the next Fashion Pakistan Week.
Fashion Pakistan Council is revitalizing the millennial fashion program to give opportunities to young designers to showcase their talent, while also amplifying and paying tribute to local crafts. By combining the old and new, FPC seeks to ensure that the heritage and culture of Pakistan is not only used in modern designs by the upcoming talent, but also ensures a sustained market and showcase for the art that truly defines Pakistan. This will be done by providing a platform to the budding talent to showcase their skills, with the challenge of using local culture and crafts to present modern silhouettes and ideas.
- Designers shall be nominated by existing FPC members, university/institutions and also by an open application on the FP website
- Selected participants will be required to prepare 2 outfits using the local craft assigned.
- These outfits will then be judged by FPC and the External Board
- Finalists will be selected on creativity, innovation, originality and pizzazz.
- They will then be inducted into a mentorship program with FPC members who will consult and advise on their preparations for the Millennial Show
- They will then be required to show up to 5 outfits (each) for the Millennial Show where they will again be judged on the above mentioned criteria by Media, FP Board and External Board.
- The best designers will then be invited to participate in the next Millennial Show where they will be adjudged again before being inducted to the Fashion Pakistan Week*
*Budding Designers will be required to present on at least two millennial shows before being inducted into the Fashion Pakistan Week to ensure sustainability for their ideas; guidance from respective mentors and ensure continuity for their brand/ideas. This is because in the past designers who presented at the Millennial Show were unable to build upon their experience to deliver and sustain their brands post Fashion Pakistan Week.